Thursday 29 September 2011

15mm WW2 German SdKfz 251 Ausf C Halftrack by Plastic Soldier Company

Ever since I started playing FOW, I had thoughts if there are cheaper ways to get my hands on certain models. As far as Battlefront is concerned, it's awfully costly to play a German Armored Infantry list. The cost of the halftracks alone will kill off any temptations to buy. But to play the off repeated cinematic picture of German soldiers riding halftracks is just soooo tempting!

For those who are wondering the "coolness" of a German halftrack...for your reading pleasure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sd.Kfz._251

I had calculated a normal 1750pts worth of German Armored Infantry needs at least 15 halftracks!
But it seems I will have some salvation to play this list. **Cue Entry**

I definitely I'm not getting paid by PSC for blogging this article, for a neat 5 x SdKfz 251 halftracks @ GBP 16.50 per box (about SGD 35.00) is really value for money.

In comparison BF is selling its halftracks at USD 12.50 each which is about GBP 8.00.
Since I'm the cost-saving wargamer, I will definitely get a PSC boxed set rather than BF!
Note: This excludes shipping costs if you are ordering online.

http://theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_22_24_50&products_id=206


Its spruce has good mixture of stowage and equipment which you can attach as you see fit.
Some of my friends had bought the PzIV and T-34 boxed set and they are quite happy with the quality and pricing as well.

Until I have more dough in my pocket. This is a must BUY boxed set!


No comments:

Post a Comment