My local gaming store (Paradigm Infinitum) has organized a LW FOW tournament come 02 October @ Fusionopolis.
I was dead set in playing Germans but which list? Listing down simple factors :
1. I need rock hard troops. So Fearless or Confident is the way to go.
2. Platoon with many stands. The regular Germans Grenadier platoons has 7 stands. So I need a list which has many stands to absorb losses. And German tank list is usually outnumbered against Allied tank horde armies. So its either German Pioneers or Fallschirmjager army lists.
3. I want troops who can hit well. I have this habit of bad dice rolls during critical phases. So I want to mitigate this problem. So Veterans is the way to go.
4. I played a short game in a Blue on Blue game when my Grenadiers against a Wiking SS List. He fielded 2 flak nests in his list. To cut an exciting AAR short. I am now fascinated with fortification rules. So I decided it is a must to have fortifications in my tournament list.
So I had the choices of :
1. Pioneer Kompanie (PDF)
2. All the funky Earth & Steel lists.
3. All the Bagration sourcebooks.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4